Sunday, April 24, 2016

It Was, I Was Amazing

I was someone who lacked self confidence, I was one who didn't know how to talk to people, I was one who would say stupid things to get a reaction. It was the best thing to ever happen to me, It was a change of perspective within me, It was the thing I needed to become who I am today.

I never used to think I could do some of things I do today, talk to people I talk to today, be friends with the people i'm friends with today. I came into this program and highschool with a mindset that I would make two friends at most and they would be just enough. I came in thinking that I would blow past IB and maintain a social life. Everything changed in IB and I am forever grateful for all the wonderful people who have blessed my life.

I Started at millbrook first dat of second semester of my freshman year. First class, Paideia, taught by non other than my favorite Lauren Genesky. That first class was amazing, I remember it like it was yesterday. You integrated me into the activity immediately and I made friends instantly and especially my best friend until death due us part Mitch Sielaty. To this day you're still my favorite teacher ever.

Senior year was the BEST year of my life hands down! It would've been nothing without the amazing friends I made. I could go down in order and tell you why each one of them are special but I frankly have the time to do that. My friends consist of 90% juniors because they're great and I don't know how I would've survived senior IB w/o them.


And then theres seniors who im easily better friends with them then last year... for instance Abbott, me and abbott are really good friends compared to last year where we barely talked. Today if me and abbott and in a class together theres no doubt in my mind that we wont be laughing for the whole class.

And there are more like Mitra, Ines and Anna Claire




It was genuinely the best experience of my life and I wouldn't take it back for anything in the world
In conclusion here is a montage of my best moments of my 2 years of IB.





No comments:

Post a Comment