Sunday, September 27, 2015

Blog Post 2: The Reason Why I Don't Go By Symani

Summary:
My full name is Symani Anthony Gallimore Simpson. Most of my friends call me Simpson while all of my family calls me Symani. The word Symani is derived from the word 'Syman" which means warrior. This meaning does not fit me because im not a confrontational person, never really have been. Maybe that is why I dont like to be called Symani or because everyone else with name is a female. I fell like the name is really meant for me but I am beginning to accept it and appreciate it. 

The two me's dont really correlate well, on one hand my name says im supposed to be a warrior but my self says im a strong individual but also kind. I like to believe that I can balance the too but im just not very comfortable with be considered a warrior when im nothing like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment